How many old horrible dressing tables, coffee tables and other old fashioned pieces of furniture do you have lying around? Personally, I haven’t one… But I know where to pick one up! (Runs to the charity shop).
What a great idea. Kendra Ochal from Buffalo, NY creates her furniture with heart and soul. “Everything you see is me. Love it or hate it; it’s every feeling and emotion poured into each item made”. Her shop KengCreations on Etsy has lots of wonderful creations to explore through. She also takes custom orders.
Why not upgrade one of your own awful old dressers to give your room a new lease of life?
What you’ll need:
- A Pyrography Kit, with 14 different tips for different shading and burning techniques.
- An old piece of wooden furniture.
- A Pencil, for the first draft (Unless you’re awesome and can do it by eye).
A few Ideas:
- Leather Wrapping the furniture? You can burn onto that too!
- Quirky lines and patterns look cool.
- Your favorite quote, so you can see it every day.
- You could have a go at drawing your pet? We have seen some amazing animals drawn with our pyrography tools.
- Silhouettes! Whether that be tools, or jewellery boxes… Whatever you keep.